Family Time at El Asadero Mexican Bar & Grill

 Who Dey Friends,

     I am not a Cincinnati Bengals fan but I have respect for them in because they are now #1 in the AFC North. Not only that, I live near Cincinnati too. I am just surrounded by the people here who love their team plus the Hubby is a fan! As a football fan, I am with the Pittsburg Steelers, whoop whoop. 

     I know I am posting late but I had to review this new restaurant, El Asadero Mexican Bar and Grill. So today we celebrated my Mom’s Boyfriend’s birthday at a new authentic Mexican Restaurant. The little beans and I had a fun time over all. Saturday nights at the restaurant are Family Nights from 6-8pm there is a balloon artist and then after a Mariachi Band plays live I believe plays until they close. 

Lorena enjoying her flower headband from Family Night.

    After this pregnancy I will definitely be getting myself a margarita. This restaurant has a beautiful flight of margaritas for just $20! Such a steal. My Mom and her Boyfriend, Chris, tried them all and enjoyed it. 

The $20 Margarita Flight!!

    We started off our dinner with the Calamari and Shrimp. It came with 3 dipping sauces (bbq type, buffalo style, and a creamy cocktail). It was seasoned well and I love the variety of sauces they had. I am definitely a buffalo type.

Yummy! Calamari and Shrimp.

Then for dinner I ordered the Birria Quesadillas which turned more like Birria Tacos. I would describe them as a marinated beef with a fun white cheese (for perfect cheese pulls), usually covered with fresh cilantro and topped with chopped onions in a tortilla and served with a the marinated juices it came from to dip in. I was hoping for more queso (cheese) than the beef. It was good over all and comforting to eat around this time of year or anytime of year. The sides of beans and rice was great too and complimented well. I had my Mom and Chris try my dish for the first time and they had nothing but good words for the quesadillas. So I ordered come shredded beef chimmies for The Husband to take home. 

My Birria “Quesadillas”

  Over all having a birthday celebration for Chris at this restaurant was excellent, from the service to the food. This restaurant knows how have a good quality time. Birthdays here are LOUD and worth it because they come with a tequila shot (if you are over 21 of course) , with a little sparkler and a huge sombrero. Maybe I’ll be back next time, with Jake and a watermelon margarita in my hand. What makes you come back to a restaurant the drinks or the company? Let me know in the comments!

Comments

Popular Posts